Monday, May 25, 2009

The reason behind the blog.



Some of you might be wondering as to why I have created this blog. Well, the answer is simple. Have you ever wondered what life would be without music? Life would be monotonous. Life would be sad. Life would not be as colourful as it is today. Music is fun to listen to but, have you ever had the passion to create music? Have you ever had the thought that maybe you could do better than what the music industry has to offer? Well, I am one of those people.

One of the musical instruments that comes to mind when the word 'music' is mentioned is the guitar. In my opinion, the guitar is the most enchanting, romantic and beautiful instrument that has ever been created and can only be rivaled by the mighty piano though each in a class of its own. Hence, I have made a decision which is to try to master the awe-inspiring guitar. This has been a goal of mine. This goal can be illustrated in my personal development plan is shown below.

My Personal Development Plan.

Specific- What I plan to achieve is to be able to play the guitar and if possible, to join a band. This will enrich and put colour to my life because without music everything seems so boring. I will also be able to use the guitar skill to serve in the worship ministry in my church which is very important to me.

Measurable- One way to measure how far I am coming along is to constantly check back on the chords and songs that I am able to play and also if I am able to keep the beat and change chords quickly. Setting a limit of learning one song a month could also act as a method of measuring my ability and my progress.

Acheivable- With enough practice and passion, I believe that I would be able to play the guitar fairly well and I might be able to join a mediocre standard band. I do not necessarily have to join a professional band because that would be quite a stretch for even intermediate guitarists let alone an amateur like me.

Relevant- This goal is relevant to me because by learning to play the guitar, I would be able to serve in the worship ministry in my church. I would also be able to play the guitar in my leisure time instead of wasting my time playing computer games which are unimportant and non-beneficial.

Time reference-


No comments:

Post a Comment